Identify & Resolve
Information provided in your complaint packet and by the insurance company is reviewed for compliance with Alaska Insurance Law. Violations are forwarded to the Director. Not every insurance issue that you encounter will fall within our regulatory authority. We find that often times in our investigative process we are able to bring problematic claim and policy issues to an insurer's attention that they may not have discovered and corrected otherwise. While we can take action to enforce the law against an insurer if we find that the insurer has violated the law, we cannot act as your attorney, give you legal advice, or guarantee a particular result. The division will take approximately 45 working days to process your complaint.
A few reasons you may decide to file a complaint:
- Delays in claim handling.
- Delays in premium refunds.
- High pressure sales tactics.
- Underwriting errors.
- Serious communication problems.
- You have received conflicting information from your insurer.
- You believe that your insurer isn't adhering to your insurance policy and/or you believe that a violation of Alaska State Insurance law may have occurred.
- You have not been given a reasonable explanation regarding an adverse benefits decision.
- You have not received a timely response to your insurance claim or inquiries.