This grant application period is now closed for the year 2013. Awards are expected to be posted in July 2013. Please check back periodically for updated information. The next cycle is expected to be in 2014 and is subject to change.
The State of Alaska Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development provides funds from the Alaska Department of Fish and Game for the Southeast Alaska Chinook Salmon Mitigation Infrastructure (CSMI) Grant program.
The purpose of the Southeast Alaska Chinook Salmon Mitigation Infrastructure Grant program is to help mitigate economic impacts to Southeast Alaska fisheries interests from the reduction in the Southeast Alaska Chinook salmon harvest.
Total funding available for the 2013 grant program is estimated to be $1,760,000.
Grants during the 2013 application cycle will be awarded for proposals which support the following activities:
- Ice-making and storage infrastructure projects providing service to coastal areas of Baranof Island; Wrangell Island; or Prince of Wales Island;
- Boat haul out equipment in the Southeast region north of Cape Spencer and east of Cape Suckling;
- Infrastructure to support the commercial troll salmon fishery;
- Infrastructure projects that will provide a lasting benefit to the sport chinook salmon fishery under one or more of the following criteria:
- Fish cleaning float improvements;
- Fish waste disposal;
- Improved access to ice.
Eligible applicants for this program include municipalities; Alaska native tribes; regional development organizations; incorporated nonprofit entities; and businesses.
Applications must be submitted to the department using the Southeast Alaska Chinook Salmon Mitigation Infrastructure Grant application form provided below, and received by 4:30 p.m. April 16, 2013 to receive consideration.
If you have any questions about the Southeast Alaska Chinook Salmon Mitigation Infrastructure (CSMI) Grant Program please feel free to contact Kate Walters at 907.465.2023 or email@example.com.
APPLICATION DOCUMENTS AVAILABLE BELOW
Note: The following documents must be viewed and printed with Adobe Acrobat 8 or later. You can download a copy of this application free at: Adobe Acrobat Reader