in the Wade Hampton Census Area
- Area Type
- Place of Interest
- Current Population
- Pronunciation/Other Names
- Census Designated Place (CDP)
- Number of Commercial Fishing Permit Holders
- Number of Commercial Fishing Permits Issued
- CDQ Participant
- CQE Eligible
Election, Recording, and Judicial Districts
- Senate District
- House District
- Judicial District
Facilities and Amenities
Geography and Climate
- The site is located on the right bank of Apoon Pass, southwest of Kotlik, in the Yukon Delta.
- Community Map Available
- Sq Mi Land
- Sq Mi Water
History and Culture
- The village was first reported in 1844 by Lt. L.A. Zagoskin of the Russian Navy as the Eskimo village or camp "Aunguamut." In 1897, the North American Transportation & Trading Company established a supply post and riverboat landing here. The village was named for Charles H. Hamilton, assistant manager of the company. It has also been known as Fort Hamilton and Old Hamilton.
- Hamilton is a Yup'ik summer subsistence-use camp; villagers live permanently in Kotlik.
- Federally Recognized Tribe
- Name of Federally Recognized Tribe
- Native Village of Hamilton
- Hamilton is a Yup'ik summer subsistence-use camp; villagers live permanently in Kotlik. Transportation is provided by boat or float plane.
- State Ferry
- Cargo Barge
- Road Connection