in the Denali Borough
- Area Type
- Place of Interest
- Current Population
- Population Comment
- 2013 Department of Labor Estimate
- Community's Judicial District
- Recording District
- Census Designated Place (CDP)
- Borough/Census Area FIPS Code
- Place FIPS
Geography and Climate
- Ferry lies on both shores of the Nenana River in the Denali Borough, 39 miles south of Nenana. It is located at mile 371.2 of the Alaska Railroad.
- Interior Alaska experiences seasonal temperature extremes. January temperatures range from -22 to -2 °F; July temperatures range from 50 to 72 °F. Average annual precipitation is 11.3 inches. Ice fog is common during the winter.
- Community Map Available
- Sq Mi Land
- Sq Mi Water
History and Culture
- The name was originally published as a railroad station in 1922. The railroad work camp at Ferry brought settlers.
- Ferry is a non-Native community.
- Federally Recognized Tribe
Facilities, Utilities, and Health Care
- From the George Parks Highway, road access is available only on privately-owned railroad or university land. Most residents park their cars on a private lot and walk into Ferry, across a railroad bridge and catwalk. Students are taken by ATV across the river to the school bus.
- State Ferry
- Cargo Barge
- Road Connection
- Community's Senate District
- Community's House District