in the Aleutians East Borough
- Area Type
- Place of Interest
- Current Population
- Pronunciation/Other Names
- (paul' off)
- Community's Judicial District
- Census Designated Place (CDP)
Geography and Climate
- Pauloff Harbor is located in the Aleutian Island chain on the northern coast of Sanak Island, 50 miles southeast of False Pass.
- The area lies in the maritime climate zone. Temperatures range from -9 to 76 °F. Annual snowfall averages 52 inches, with 33 inches of precipitation.
- Community Map Available
- Sq Mi Land
- Sq Mi Water
History and Culture
- The community name differs from the harbor on which it is located -- Pavlov Harbor. A post office was established here in 1949.
- The island is now unoccupied. Most of the shareholders now live in Sand Point.
- Federally Recognized Tribe
- Name of Federally Recognized Tribe
- Pauloff Harbor Village
Facilities, Utilities, and Health Care
- Number of Commercial Fishing Permit Holders
- Number of Commercial Fishing Permits Issued
- CDQ Participant
- Gallon of Heating Fuel
- Gallon of Gasoline
- Float planes or personal boats from False Pass or King Cove are the primary means of transportation.
- State Ferry
- Cargo Barge
- Road Connection
- Community's Senate District
- Community's House District